2020 Policy Platform
tiny-k Alliance: More than Ten Years of Collective Advocacy (2004-2020)
As part of the tiny-k Alliance’s mission to promote high quality services and sound public policy for infants and children with developmental disabilities, three focus areas have been developed:
The tiny-k Alliance advocates for an equitable increase in state allocations this budget year and additional increases annually in order to decrease the discrepancy between the growing number of children being served and the amount of funding available to provide appropriate services. We work for appropriate funding for children needing our services.
The Alliance strives to build a culture of advocacy among its members and provide the inspiration, leadership, and support.
- Support efforts to educate policy makers and stakeholders on issues critical to early intervention.
- Support efforts to educate the public on issues critical to early intervention.
- Actively monitor and respond to public policy initiatives, development and implementation.
- Shape and guide policy issues critical to early intervention.
- Provide local tiny-k programs, stakeholders, constituents and partners with resources, information and activities consistent with supporting public policy efforts of the tiny-k Alliance.
tiny-K Alliance will actively search and partner with like minded groups and critical stakeholders to enhance effectiveness and build capacity:
- Early Learning Coordinating Council
- Early Childhood Advisory Council
- Early Learning Advocacy Council
- Special Education Advisory Council
- Kansas Action for Children
- Partnership for Early Success
- Kansas Head Start Association (Early Head Start)
- Parents As Teachers
- Child Care Aware
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- State Interagency Coordinating Council
- Kansas Department of Education
- Kansas In-Service Training System
- Kansas Department for Children and Families
- Kansas Children’s Cabinet
- Kansas Association for the Education of Young Children
- Kansas Association for Child Mental Health
- Kansas Division for Early Childhood
- Families Together, Inc.
© 2015 The tiny-K Alliance All Rights Reserved.